ProtoCycler is a revolutionary new product that allows you to recycle waste plastic into valuable 3D printer filament. It comes complete with a built in grinder, distributed spooling, and intelligent computer control with real time diameter feedback. It’s also fully UL safety certified, so you don’t have to worry about where it’s used. With just the turn of a crank and push of a button, ProtoCycler automatically creates filament – safely, easily, and affordably.
ProtoCycler creates ABS filament or PLA filament, so it can be used with any desktop 3D printer. This empowers the user with true creative freedom, as both the economic and environmental costs inherent to 3D printing are removed when ProtoCycler is used! Designed with ease of use and safety in mind, ProtoCycler is equally at home in the lab, workshop, or classroom – it has UL safety certification and fully automatic operation. It also saves 80% or more of your filament costs, so it will save you a ton of money no matter what you want to create. Simply put, if you 3D print, you need ProtoCycler!
*Pricing is in USD
ProtoCycler is the first and only 3D printer filament extruder with:
- Full safety certification, including UL, ULc, RoHS, CE, FCC, etc
- A built in grinder, so you can actually recycle!
- Diameter feedback and computer control, for perfect 3D printer filament in either ABS or PLA
- Automatic and distributed spooling
- Automatic start up and shut down
- Full Manual mode for hacking
- Open source software and community
- Beautiful brushed aluminium enclosure in your choice of raw or black
- Patent pending MixFlow extrusion technology
- Diameter tolerance: +/- 0.05mm
- Extrusion speed: Up to 10 ft/minute
- Electrical usage: 90 W avg
- Dimensions: 15” x 14” x 9” – 20 kgs
- Grinder input: 4” x 5”
- Hopper Capacity: Expandable
- Max Temp: All metal hot end for most plastics under 260 C
We’re extremely excited to announce we have received our UL certification, and are now beginning production!