ProtoCycler is a revolutionary new product that allows you to recycle waste plastic into valuable 3D printer filament. It comes complete with a built in grinder, distributed spooling, and intelligent computer control with real time diameter feedback. With just the turn of a crank and push of a button, ProtoCycler automatically creates filament at up to 10 feet a minute, at industry leading tolerances, in any colour you like. This filament can be used with any desktop 3D printer to create anything one desires. This empowers the user with true creative freedom, as both the economic and environmental costs inherent to 3D printing are removed when ProtoCycler is used. Designed with ease of use and safety in mind, ProtoCycler is equally at home in the lab, workshop, or classroom – and it will save you a ton of money, no matter where you use it. Simply put, if you 3D print, you need ProtoCycler!
ProtoCycler is the first and only extruder with:
- Full safety certification, including UL, ULc, RoHS, CE, FCC, etc
- A built in grinder, so you can actually recycle!
- Diameter feedback and computer control, for perfect filament
- Distributed Spooling
- Automatic start up and shut down
- Full Manual mode for hacking
- Open source software and community
- Beautiful brushed aluminium enclosure in your choice of raw or black
- Patent pending MixFlow extrusion technology
- Diameter tolerance: +/- 0.05mm
- Extrusion speed: Up to 10 ft/minute
- Electrical usage: 90 W avg
- Dimensions: 15” x 14” x 9” – 20 kgs
- Grinder input: 4” x 5”
- Hopper Capacity: Expandable
- Max Temp: All metal hot end for most plastics under 260 C
Note: Upon UL completion, we will switch from “pre-orders” to standard orders. At this time, the price will increase!